Have you ever looked into the back of that storage space that has been piling up over many years? As you begin to sort through the layers of dust and neglected boxes, an object catches your eye. Maybe it is a suitcase that you have longed to make use of, or maybe it is something special that you’ve never bothered to use.. an instrument perhaps?
I am all too familiar with this scenario. I got my banjo several years ago after being deeply drawn to it in a music store. The strings seemed to call my name and the unique sounds of the instrument warmed my heart. I ask myself now, though, how have I put this off for so long when it is something that I want to learn so bad?
The good news? I am going to pull up my socks and start right now! That’s right; I’m going to learn the art of banjo playing once and for all! I invite you to follow me as I begin this exciting new journey.
Below is my recipe for success:
- a few YouTube videos
- a few inspiring websites
- a lot of patience
- this blog channel to keep you all updated
- and…. my banjo!
Approximate Time: 1 hour per day/ 3 days per week (Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays)
- Gather needed videos and save them to my Youtube playlist.
- Gather websites and save them to my favourites.
- Create some accountability by revealing my plan on this blog (you can expect weekly posts to ensure that I am actually trying).
- Self check: Who? me What? learning the banjo Where? in the comfort of my own home When? now! Why? It’s about time I fulfill my long awaited desire to do just this How? awesome online resources
- Dust off that banjo!
One happy camper!
With my recipe for success laid out and my ambition through the roof, I am officially ready to begin this incredible journey. Please follow along as I move from simply owning a banjo to, hopefully, playing a little closer to this!