Here, I will share a list of my takeaways from my journey toward my Bachelor of Education degree. I will update this list at the end of each term, in order to share with you my learnings throughout the entire process.
- Land-based learning is important and is something that I want to incorporate in my future classroom as much as possible.
- Language diversity in the classroom will help make students feel welcomed and is crucial in building community with the families of children in my class.
- Experiential learning and student-led learning can be applied to middle years programs in many different ways and I will continue to explore options in these areas as I look forward to my future classroom.
- There are countless digital resources for learning, and I have developed a passion for including them in education.
- It is crucial that we, as educators, teach our students about digital literacy, their own digital footprints, and digital citizenship.
- Critical thinking takes practice and is something that should be taught in the classroom from a young age.
- Reaching out to families, in order to ensure that every child in my class has the support and tools that they need, is an important goal for me as I move toward my future classroom.
- Encouraging, celebrating, and supporting diversity in the classroom is extremely important throughout the entire school year.
- I do not want to stop learning! I hope that this is something that I will be able to instill in my students as well.